Download an SFTP client
If you do not currently have an SFTP client on your local, please download FileZilla as a Mac user and WinSCP for Microsoft Windows users.
What to do with the credential link
Once given the credential link, paste it into the browser and you will be brought to a page with instructions as seen below.
Open up your SFTP client. In this demo, FileZilla will be utilized.
- The left panel represents your local and the right side represents the remote site that you will be connected to. First, locate the file that you want to tranfer in by expanding the "/" directory on the left side. Most of the time you will be in the "Users" folder.
- Select the "Site Manager" button located at the top left side as seen in the video below.
- Select "New Site" and give it a name.
- In the General tab, change the protocol using the dropdown to SFTP.
- Using the instruction sheet, enter the corresponding information in.
Next, drag and drop files from the left panel into the directory of the vault on the left side as seen below.
That's it! Your files will be in the vault as soon as the queue is empty. You can check to see that the files are in your vault by selecting the directory that you made an SFTP inbox and checking the files inside.
The files that are now in the directory are prefaced with the SFTP username; in the demo example it was SFTP.